Tuesday, June 14, 2011

the perfect man

Recently I was asked what I thought made "the perfect man". After thinking about it for a few days I realized that I know more about what the perfect man isn't than what he is. But - I'm gonna take a stab at a definition anyway. My version of the perfect man would be above all  - faithful. Strenuously, unfailingly, immovably faithful. I don't care if the hottest pole dancer you ever saw is crawling up your leg - you're gonna politely walk away. You will be on guard about casual advances and flirtations. If you get friend requested by some chick you barely know on FB and her profile picture shows half her tits - you're gonna say no. I don't expect that you won't have female friends - I do expect that you will behave in an honorable way. I can give lots of "media" examples of what my perfect guy looks like  - here's a few. Nicholas Cage's character in the movie Family Man....John Cusacks character in pretty much any movie. Even in 2012 - he's divorced and still looking after his family as the world literally crumbles at his feet. I like the image that those guys present. Yeah - I know it's just a movie but I can dream. When we are young our "type" is heavily hormone driven - if theres' chemistry then we're golden right? That can be enough for a long time but there needs to be other things too. A relationship to some sort of Higher Power is necessary. A sense of humor and not the kind where the jokes are always mean or on you. Hardworking, provider, protector - maybe I've been watching too much Mob Wives but aside from the cheating and being incarcerated - I kinda like the way they treat their women. I want a guy that can fix things, work with his hands but still clean up nice and go out fancy. I want someone who likes most of the same music I do. Music is of paramount importance and I think that what you listen to can say a lot about the kind of person you are. If you think that Snoop Doggy Dog is a good dude then chances are your attitudes about women are a little screwed up. Just sayin. Being educated is important too - although not just in a "I went to college" sense. School of hard knocks is fine too....lots of good lessons there. How you feel about family is a big deal. My attitude is there is nothing more important. Whether its your family of origin or one you create for yourself. And then there's the golden rule - treat me the way you would want me to treat you. Period. Pretty simple right? Apparently it's damn near impossible. Don't be selfish or ego driven either - those are probably two of the most unattractive qualities that a man could have. Well - that and being an active addict or alcoholic. At the end of the day I'm gonna be loyal, faithful, caring and honest. I'm trustworthy and if I screw up I'm willing to make amends. I'm gonna kiss your face off and I'm gonna give it my best every day one day at a time. If you're the perfect guy you're gonna do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment