Tuesday, June 22, 2021

An Invesigator in 3 parts - part 1

 Ive always had a knack for finding things out and let me tell you it’s a blessing and a curse. Coming from the generation and nationalities I’m from there are a lot of things that weren’t considered polite for open conversation. Growing up I often heard “go play and let the grown ups talk” or  “go read a book, I’m on the phone”.  So as I result I developed what my Mimi called “big ears” aka eavesdropping skills. I also learned to read body language and tones of voice. I could fill in the blanks and read between the lines with pretty fair success. Any other information I needed could be patched together by talking to my cousins or consulting with friends. Over the years I honed my skills and almost earned a double major degree in mind reading and assumption from the University of None of my Business. The problem was I happened to be right about 85% of the time even when I didn’t have all the info, which reinforced my idea that this was all supremely useful. Then it just became instinct, my gut and I were pals. I knew if you were sad, angry, scared or lying. I lost friends and relationships over my skills but I never stopped using them until one day my gut told me to leave my husband. For good, and for years after that I ignored my skills because I was raw and broken. It felt like all the things I thought I knew had been a lie. I didn’t want my PhD in other people anymore until one day a friend presented a way to earn money with my skills which leads us to part two..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment