Saturday, November 26, 2016

Anchors away

Third cup of coffee, fuzzy socks and funky two day worn sweats seems like the right get up to watch "Made of Honor" and run down the list of things I can't forget to take to my sons going away party. He's leaving for bootcamp in 9 days. NINE DAYS until my number one son will leave home forever. Yeah...I'm being dramatic but this is big shit. This young man changed my life. This is the best stress I've ever been under. Anxious for all the right reasons. He's a good boy. A little too like his father sometimes and not in the ways I would've chosen if I could have fished qualities out of his gene pool. My son is also half me. He carries with him the best that is in me and some of the not so great too. He's perfectly himself and I'm sure he'll do great. I worry about him alone on a ship floating in the ocean God knows where. Who will he meet on his journey? Will they be good people? Will they lead him astray? It's out of my hands. I've taught him all I can and I can only hope it's been enough. For now.... I finished the decorations. Made the scrapbook and all that's left to be done is celebrate the amazing young man I call my son.  

No comments:

Post a Comment