Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Class of 2016

'Twas the night before graduation and all through the house momma was cryin who cares about the mouse! Seriously though...I've been so busy this week  that I've barely had time to let it sink in. I believe that was a gift from God and probably a gift for everyone else! I not fun in the middle of a meltdown. Tomorrow my firstborn son will walk across a stage in his cap and gown heading into his future. He's been busy undoing the ties that bind for a few months now which is as it should be. I've been trying to let go and give him the room he needs. It's a process. Just like it was when he was an infant, or a toddler learning to run, an elementary school kid waiting till the last minute to do every project or a high school freshman finding his way on the big campus. All his life has been leading up to this day. The details may not be exactly the way I imagined them way back when and that's ok. What is exactly perfect is the love in my heart for this handsome young man. He's the reason I embarked on this 18 year journey. I think it's fair to say I've learned as much from him as he has from me. I'm not sure how I'll feel tomorrow but tonight I'll cry for the time that passed too quickly and thank God for the opportunity to raise Mason Liam Selsor.  

No comments:

Post a Comment