Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Love like .....

"In the blink of an eye, just a whisper of smoke, you could lose everything the truth is you never know. So I'll kiss you longer any chance that I get, I'll make the most of the minutes and love with no regret" - these are Meghan Trainors words not mine but brilliant just the same. This song speaks volumes to me. I don't have romantic love in my life right now and that's ok. It's not my time. However I DO have a tremendous number of people I love, related and otherwise. I am sharply aware of the fact that in a split second the ones you love can be removed from you. That last conversation, that last "I love you" is almost never a moment you mark ahead of time. Let that sink in. 
We truly never know when it's coming. 
Maybe I'm mushy because it's one of my favorite couples anniversary today. Maybe it's because the chill in the air and the first day of fall make me think of my favorite romantic movie "Serendipity" or maybe it's just cuz I'm getting soft in my old age. Whatever the reason, if I've ever said I love you through words or actions know that I'm going to "love you like I'm going to lose you, I'm gonna hold you like I'm saying goodbye". Now... Put your phones down and go tell the people that you love most exactly that!!! Happy Tuesday my fellow softies. I love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment