Sunday, April 15, 2012

It's 3D bitches!

Make fun all you'd like but Yes....I did it. I contributed my hard earned money to the James
Cameron Retirement Fund. Last night a friend and I took our daughters (who weren't alive when the film originally came out, by the way) to see Titanic in 3D. Sushi for dinner and then off to the theater. The first time I saw it I was pregnant and quite uncomfortable. This time I had stuffed myself with one too many monkey brains and was equally uncomfortable in my seat but I was ready to go back to Titanic. Little known fact about me....I truly believe I am a reincarnated survivor of this tragedy. Yeah, I get it, it weird but it's the truth. I knew I soon as I read in entertainment weekly that the film was being re-released that I would be going-plus it's in 3D!! That being said there were elements of the film that did not benefit from the 3D treatment. Mr. Cameron's computerized passengers looked even more fake than last time. The details of the decor, roses' dresses and that guy who hits the propeller before falling into the Atlantic as the ship sinks-stellar crispness! Besides crying as the life boat comes back only to find most of the people have turned into Popsicles be best moment for me was singing that God-awfully cheesy Celine Dion song (out loud, in public)to the deep embarrassment of our daughters. A friend said that the only history in the fil is the launch and the sinking but I'd like to imagine, as a survivor, that jack and rose were real. Happy 100th anniversary Titanic. Rest in peace.

2 comments:

  1. Funny enough, I have never seen Titanic. Not in 3D, nor 2D...

    ~E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, I got married the year the movie came out, and will always remember our wedding on the "Queen Mary". What I remember most is watching the video of my closest friend having such a wonderful time, who passed away soon after. I was at the hospital with her when they told her she had weeks to live. Cherish everyday you have here, and treat others like it's their last day. I love the way you did this.

    ReplyDelete